Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My very generous and caring daughter...


I was thinking about this just the other day; Sariah is a very caring person towards others - particularly the downtrodden, or less fortunate. She does not like it when others pick at and make fun of children with dissabilities and wants to help them. She wanted to call a charity to ask how she could donate her dolls and things that she has outgrown. When Hurricane Katrina hit just hours south of us a few years back, she (and her sister) donated some of her money to that. Tonight we were watching Idol, and she asked how you go about making a donation to help the poor children in Africa or less fortunate across our country. I told her, and she got her bank card and made the call, and donated $5.00 of her money. Then the other girls wanted to donate something, and I told them daddy said we could make a donation so I offered to do a $5.00 donation for each of my children. They were excited for that. Then Sariah wanted to do more and called and did another $5.00 donation. She was talking about how when she grows up that she would like to move to somewhere like Africa and help the children. I know that deep inside her, she really feels this kind of thing. If we could only get her (and all of our kids) to be more loving, compassionate and kind toward their siblings.
I just had to post about my sweet amazing daughter.
She is really growing up. She will turn 12 soon, and move up into the Young Women's program at Church. She will get to attend young Women's Camp this summer. How exciting!

3 comments:

shari said...

what a sweetheart!! we are so excited to take her to camp with us!

Anonymous said...

That's so loving of them! Alyssa is our campaigner for the less fortunate and down trodden! She even did a HUGE emotional spiel for the March of Dimes fundraiser that we made sure she had some money given to her for that!
Big Hearts go a long way in life!

Karen said...

I love that girl! Can't wait to have her with us every week!!