Friday, June 20, 2008

Float like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee!

My garden is growing like gangbusters... I started my garden a bit late, but it is showing great promise. I have had a few tomatoes ripen so far, and they were very tasty. I have tons of green tomatoes that I don't know what I will ever do with them all when they ripen at the same time!!! The beans are growing and the vines are sretching all over the place. I have begun some 'organic' methods of keeping my vines reaching upward. I have thee tall trees in the back against the fence and there are a lot of dry branches, so I've been using them to stake up my garden plants. It might look a bit funny with all these branches sticking up out of my garden, but I am using what I have available and it seems to be helping. The corn is just about to send up tassels, and there are tons of flowers on my zucchine, squash and cucmbers, and a few small little squash beginning to grow. I'm a bit afraid of all the flowers and vines on the pumpkins... they are going to take over my yard, not to mention the garden!!! We certainly wont' have any need to go to a pumpkin patch this year! We may begin to chare admission to the neighborhood to come to our little pumpkin patch...

Yesterday I was out checking on the garden and the bees were busy pollinating and buzzing about... and eventually I began to feel my finger throb and looked at it and it was swollen and bruised. I guess I got stung by a bee. It was my first bee sting ever. I didn't see or feel a bee in my hand, but somehow... I managed to get stung on the inside of my little finger. It is still a bit swollen, and and it feels tight when I bend my finger. Sariah stepped on a bee earlier in the week, and it is still quite swollen and tender, and it is itching like crazy... does anyone have any suggestions? Of course it's friday, and now I'm sure I won't be able to get it seen until monday, if it is still bothering her then.

We have had a busy couple of weeks, and the three older girls are getting ready for grils camp. They will be going next week. It is Sariah's first year at camp, and Probably Rebekah's last year. I won't have three girls at camp again until it is Sariah, Hannah and Marissa. I hope they all have a wonderful experience... I loved girls camp when I was a youth.

No comments: