Last week I had two very full days with births one after the other. Two very cute babies later and then I took a day to recover... My kids are awesome! taking care of each other and Liam and the house for me while I had two very long days.
Then we got to have a fun fourth of July with a visit with lots of friends at a Missionary homecoming, then we went to another friend's house and did BBQ and sparklers. Liam loved them! We got to spend time with two sets of twins - two different families - one set just turned 4 and the others are 6 months. It was a lot of people and We all had a great time! It was fun to get to know people a bit better.
On saturday we attended the Baptism of a sweet girl that has become a friend. The girls were called on to participate - "M" asked them last week to help with prayers and a talk. Rebekah gave a really great talk on the Holy Ghost. And the others said prayers in front a pretty large crowd. You might not think of my girls as shy, but they don't like to be in front of a crowd, so they did great and I was proud of them.
I've been eating tomatoes and zucchine, yellow squash and cucumber from my garden. This week we have noticed a couple of cantalope and pumpkins that have begun to grow. My corn has silks on it and is growing cobs. My carrotts look great fron the top... there are definitely too many too close together so I've started pulling a few here and there. The little carrots we've pulled are actually quite tasty and sweet. I can't wait for the others to grow (now that we've given them some room). Now I need some additional recipes for the harvest I'm going to get out of my garden.
3 comments:
Wendy,
Thanks for mentioning our twins in your blog! It was nice getting to know you all too. I appreciate all of the girls help with Addie and Alex at the BBQ. An extra set of hands is always greatly apprecaited. Hope to get to know you better, very soon!
Jennifer
I had fun catching up.
I am always jealous of garden people. I think the only garden things I don't damage are mulch and crepe myrtles.
So...I was hoping you could sew my girls these dresses...
Just kidding. LOL
Love seeing your girls doing amazing things. I love S. She is a doll and from what I can tell loves YW. We also had fun with your girls on the fourth. They are so cute.
Post a Comment