Now... Back to my regularly scheduled post:
On Day Two we docked at Key West: These are some pictures we took from our balcony/veranda as we pulled into Key West...
The water was so bright and clear. Gorgeous!
As we got close to Key west we saw the small outlying islands... Bill commented on how small the little islands are, and how MANY houses are on them, and how people build these amazing homes at the edge of the water, and when storms come and wash their homes away we are supposed to feel bad and jump in to 'save' the day... to help them.
The water was so bright and clear. Gorgeous!
As we got close to Key west we saw the small outlying islands... Bill commented on how small the little islands are, and how MANY houses are on them, and how people build these amazing homes at the edge of the water, and when storms come and wash their homes away we are supposed to feel bad and jump in to 'save' the day... to help them.
(Over the years this historical building has served many functions to include a post office, court house, the custom house, and now the home of the Museum of Art & History at The Custom House.)
And... there was this artist painting a picture of the other LARGE sculpture named, 'The Day Dream by: Mortimer Blake'. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheenachi/2542131056/ the sculpture is inspired by the painting by Henri Matisse - La Danse 1909. http://www.abcgallery.com/M/matisse/matisse91.html
(I didn't take a picture of the plaque that went along with this painter sculpture, but I believe it was called something along the lines of 'Copy write Infringement' or something like that).

We decided after Bill read some peoples reports that it was cheaper and just as easy to go snorkeling on our own. So, before we ever left we bought our own snorkel masks and snorkel, and fins. We had to pack that into our luggage, It took a bit of room.
We took a taxi (near the front of the Museum), to the Beach at Ft. Zachary Taylor. We had a fun time snorkeling, and saw some fish. It was sort of rough water that day, so with all the waves crashing into the shore, etc. the water was a little dark and murky... but fun.



There were these rocky areas and we managed to climb up on the rocks for a little while.
(Bill was goofing around, so I hurried to snap a picture) ;-)
There was this Pelican just sitting on top of a post sticking up out of the water. I snapped his picture as well. I have decided if we do something like this again, we definitely need to buy a real waterproof camera to take pictures with, instead of the little disposable one...



There were these rocky areas and we managed to climb up on the rocks for a little while.
(Bill was goofing around, so I hurried to snap a picture) ;-)
There was this Pelican just sitting on top of a post sticking up out of the water. I snapped his picture as well. I have decided if we do something like this again, we definitely need to buy a real waterproof camera to take pictures with, instead of the little disposable one...Then we went back to the ship and cleaned up ate lunch and went back out to sight see a bit in Key West. 
We went shopping... there are a LOT of Jewelry stores in the Islands. Bill was wonderful and bought me a Tanzanite necklace for our Anniversary...
Then we just walked around and found Duval Street. It pretty much goes from one side of the island to the other... there were lots of bars; Margaritaville, and Senior Frogs, and lots of others. We stopped and looked around in a few different Art Galleries.
At one point we realized that we had gone a bit too far... and were in the interesting district. There was a man who had to be at least 6 ft. tall, walking down the street in black and red bustier, miniskirt and tights, etc. It was interesting... 
We saw a couple of Roosters just walking around the streets, and then as we were walking back to the ship, I saw this Rooster, up on a roof.
Then I saw the wharf full of boats. I think they are fishing boats with their fishing equipment hanging of the back. I thought it would make a cool picture.
As we were walking back to the ship we have multiple shore excursion people asking if we wanted to take a sunset cruise???
We would tell them all, we would be on our own SUNSET Cruise! ;-) So, as we left port, we went out on our veranda, and watched the gorgeous sunset, and some of the little sail boats who had wanted us to come on their little sunset cruise. :-)

1 comment:
I have enjoyed ever post so far of your cruise. It seems like just a fairy tale cruise. So happy for both of you. I love all the pictures. It looks amazing.
Post a Comment