I have had a busy summer. Rebekah Graduated from High School, left three days later, for three weeks. Was home for one week, gone to Especially for Youth for a week with Amanda. They returned home, and the following week Amanda and Sariah went to Girls camp for a week. Sariah came home and that afternoon we drove her to Mississippi to help out our friend who's husband is deployed to Afghanistan, and has three kids - a 7 yr old boy, and 22 month old twin girls. Amanda got word that it was official, she had a job. Summer higher - through the military on post. So she's been working, working, working. when she wasn't EFYing, Camping, or gone for Youth Conference. Sariah has been gone for nearly three weeks, but comes home this Friday. I attended the conference last week, 2 days after a birth. Meanwhile, Bill took Rebekah up to NY a week ago for College. While I was at the airport dropping them off, I got a phone call from a mom saying her water had broken, and that night I was off to the 4th birth of the summer... (the 2nd in under a week).
In between all of that, we took our cruise for a week, and Bill officially retired from the Army, though he started terminal leave long before and has been working at his new civilian job since April. He is gone this week on his first TDY to New Mexico. Hannah wished she could have gone with him to 'see' where she was born. Perhaps some time we'll go back for a visit.
And, on top of all of this... we've been rearranging, and moving everyone around! Liam is the only one who isn't moving/changing rooms this summer. We're not finished yet, but we are getting closer every day. After we get everyone to their new places, we'll get things painted and finished up... but for now the upstairs hallway is lined with boxes of all of Rebekah's stuff that we need to put up in the attic to store for her for the next several years. I know that some of the younger kids don't feel like it's been a very exciting summer at all, but, here it is only a few more weeks until school starts again.
When we get the rooms together we'll take pic's and show off all the changes.
3 comments:
You have been seriously busy . . . and with many life changes, too. I saw Marissa and Hannah at the pool tonight, what cute girls.
Y'all have been busy!!
I am going to New Mexico this week too! :) How fun! I love that place, Hannah should get to see it someday. I guess life will not slow down anytime soon...for me at least, it is just going to get busier, and I am only one person! :) Good luck and enjoy the rest of the summer!
Busy, Busy! And there are some great milestones in there which makes it a great busy! :) Enjoy the rest of summer and hope the pace slows a bit for y'all! :)
Post a Comment