O.K. so I'm not the most frugal person on the planet, but when it comes to my personal hair care and body care items, I feel guilty spending money as well as time on myself. This past year I had decided it was time to take better care of myself, and I was getting regular hair cuts, and color at a Salon. I would go about every 3-4 months for a new cut. I should probably have gone a bit more often, but... you know, the whole time and money thing... I would often just trim my bangs to deal with them until I went to get my next hair cut.
The last time I went in was for my birthday (in December). I was talking to my hair gal about the whole bangs and trimming them myself, and she said, just come in, I do bangs for no charge... I made the appointment to come back in about 3 weeks. Well, three weeks approached and I didn't think I needed it quite yet, so I called and cancelled. I should have known better, because if I don't have another appointment on the books, I tend to not go...
Here it is nearly 7 months later, and my life is crazy! The other morning, after being awake part of the night rubbing Liam's itchy spots, along the inside of the cast openings.. I got up showered, but by the time I'd gotten dressed, he was unhappy and wanting me to 'snuggle' with him. (A difficult thing with a body cast, but I do my best to get close to him and hold his hand and 'snuggle' with him). Anyway, I got up a while later and my hair had dried and was just a frizzy mess! I have trimmed it (a bit more than just bangs a time or two since my last hair cut), but that day I had HAD it! I couldn't stand it anymore! I knew however that it would possibly take a while a week or more to get an appointment with my hair gal at the salon.
I considered just running to a local quick cut place in one of the strip malls near a grocery store nearby... but Liam was having a particularly whiny day! He was so miserable and unhappy, it didn't seem likely I'd be able to get away for much at all, any time soon! So, I did it! I picked up my hair scissors, and started whacking away! I was so tired of it, I didn't want just my bangs trimmed, I wanted it cut! I wanted it shorter, easier to deal with all summer while dealing with a sad boy...
Rebekah came in while I was cutting and asked what on earth I was doing?!?!?! I said I was sick of my hair and I was cutting it! I started whacking away, but realized, that it was NOT going in anyway that I was going to be happy with! Yikes! Now what?!?! SO I did what I should have one in the first place.
I called the Hair Dr!
I've seen her 'work' before when someone lost her piggy tails (if I remember correctly) (o.k. she cut them herself), and the Hair Dr. did a fantastic job of making that little girl look like an adorable little pixie until her hair began to grow back again... I knew she could fix anything! (and honestly my hair wasn't 'ruined' but it needed some help and some direction!) When I told her what I'd done - stared whacking at my own hair, she said, "Ooooohhhhh!!!" I could tell she would have been happier with a call before I did some semi-permanent damage! but it is what it is! I was desperate and tired!
I am soooo thankful that she had time for me in my hour of 'need' (crisis)! A sweet friend who cuts hair. And she made a HOUSE Call!!! Happy day! I tied my hair up in a scrunchy, and waited for her to come.
So, now I am sporting my new 'Do' for summer, it is shorter, not so hot, not so hard to deal with and it's going to be easier and less time consuming for summer, and for a tired, busy mom! And apparently, I have some curl I didn't really realize was my own (not just left over perm from a whole year ago). I even feel a little sassy...
I'll have to fix it up and take a picture.
Thanks so much to my Hair Dr! for coming to my rescue!
2 comments:
I can't wait to see your hair, Wendy!
I want to see a picture!! And it was nice to get caught up on Liam's surgery, etc.
Post a Comment