My kids are growing up.
I've been in denial about it for a while I think, but over the past year, as my oldest got engaged and then married, and my oldest of my 'little girls' started growing up, turned 12 and moved on to Young Womanhood, this has slapped me in the face and I can no longer deny it!
These are some of the thoughts I've had lately -
My oldest is now a married woman, friends that age are getting married too (two of Rebekah's classmates from Church have gotten married over the past year and one is about to become a mother!).
Along with this it has occurred to me that Amanda our #2 daughter will be moving out and going away to college this fall. She is currently writing to a 'friend' overseas and in another year and a half or so she could be married (or she could meet someone when she goes off to college). The mere idea of having two married children is sort of freaking me out!
The fact that we have had such a full house for so many years, and soon we are only going to have 4 children living at home - it's crazy!!!
The other thing that has gotten to me recently is that my BABY is going to be in Kindergarten this upcoming school year! How did that happen? when did life rush by and all my kids have grown up and are moving on in their lives! Just this morning on the way to his preschool, he was asking me when he gets to go to the school with Marissa and various other friends. We were talking about it, and he is excited to ride the big yellow school bus! Then we were talking about all the kids in his primary class and who would be in his school with him, etc. Nate Dog, Katie, any others that will go to our same school? How can this be?!?!??! HOW can all these little one's possibly be old enough to be possibly/probably heading off to BIG kid School?!?!?!
I'm NOT ready!
Slow this world down!
I don't want time to go so fast, yet MARCH right along it does!
I'm sitting here now thinking of all the continued changes that will just keep happening and coming along in my life - and the lives of each of my children! I guess... I'm old. I'll just have to accept it!









5 comments:
Well, 2011 will be one you will remember! And you're not old :) You should be proud of your beautiful growing children, they are some of the nicest young women I have met and I think that says a lot about their parents! And what will you do with all your time when Liam goes to kindergarten!? :)
Your family is growing. But so is everyone. It's hard to believe Liam will be in kindergarten. Crazy how time flies. And you my dear are not old. Grandma's are old. Oh wait, that could be you soon. (just kidding.)
Time sure flies!!! Its crazy how much can happen in what seems like such a short amount of time! I wish I could have come to Rebekah's wedding! I can remember when she was just little! It makes me feel really old to think she is married! Families grow, but with the growing so much fun comes! :)
Not old. Mature. Wise. One hot mama. Pick one of those.
You have darling children! I love them all!!
I bet we'll find plenty of time for lunch when our boys start Kindergarten. That may be all I do...I'll become a slug.
And I may love it. :)
Love your family and your special times!
Post a Comment