Thursday, April 3, 2008

A day in the life...

I was in such a rush today to get things dropped off at the school I forgot to take pic's of them. They were so cute! (O.K. So I thought so, anyway).
It was SAT (standardized state testing) this week at school. In Hannah's grade 3rd (some of the younger grades)they do a special snack each day afterward for the kids, with a theme. So... we were asked to help with POP the Top off the SAT's! and bring in Popcorn for her class. Well, I can't do anything plain or boring... so, I got out my stamp stuff and rolled red lines on small white paper bags, and printed the little saying of POP the TOP OFF the SAT's! and mounted that on red card stock and filled them all with Popcorn. They looked so cute all lined up in a big basket I have. I WISH I'd taken a picture!

Tonight we had signed up to feed the Sister Missionaries. However, Rebekah started working at Smokey's Barbecue again this week and she was working tonight, so... Instead of cooking a meal at home tonight, we all went to Smokey's for dinner. It was yummy. We haven't eaten there very often since Rebekah stopped working there last summer. I meant to bring my camera to dinner tonight also, but... oh well. no pic's today, just a report of our life. :-)

I just thought of something I could take a picture of!!!

Rebekah has a couple of kids she goes to school with, that immigrated here from overseas. They became U.S. Citizens this week! She was very excited for them (had been in class with both of them over the years). The kids in one of her classes have been trying to get the teacher to let them have a 'party' in class and have Food. So when Rebekah suggested the other day they celebrate the citizenship of their classmate, they all get involved. We made cupcakes. I even found Red, White and Blue sprinkles and I bought balloons for her to take as well. O.K. so truely she wanted an excuse to have a food party, but I think it was very nice of her to want to celebrate and show support for this boy.


- I fixed one left over bag so I could take a picture... ;-)
(I got Amanda to write the message for me, she writes cute! and I didnt' want to have to print out another sheet of words).
I'm sure ya'll think I am crazy!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great mom you are!! Where is the BBQ place?? I want to try it too!!

Wendyrful said...

Smokey's BBQ on 72 between Balch and Wall Triana.

yum