Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's my baby's 2nd Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is Liam's Birthday. I had a few plans, but another baby took over :-) So Liam got to spend the day playing with his friend T. I hope they had fun! (Thanks Jen. I haven't even had time to chat with you yet.)


Here' Liam in the van as I'm going to drop him off with J. He's happy watching his new favorite movie Montser's Inc. (or Kitty as the girls are trying to get him to call it). And then here he is with J when I got him out of the van. He was happy and playing cars with T. and his other friend when I left.


I went off to attend a birth. Things didn't start out quite the way K wanted them to and she ended up getting pit to start her labor, but over all the birth was really great. She did awesome working through the contractions. And then the baby came really fast (1 contraction with mom grunting a bit and "just pushing a little"), and out rolled little 6 lb 18 inches of baby girl onto the bed, the nurse was putting the second glove on her other hand, and the baby was waiting for no-one, including the Dr.! Mom is thrilled with life, family is happy. Baby is so tiny and cute! Big sister M was thrilled, and my Amanda who came to help with big sister M, ended up being very helpful during the labor and birth. (she's a really good little Doula in training! We figured out this was her 10th birth she's attended, including her siblings).

Then, I came home, Bill had stopped at the store to buy a cake (I've never purchased a cake for a birthday before, except perhaps an ice cream cake once), since I hadn't gotten the cake I started yesterday done. Bill was helping Hannah with another 'fun family home project' (the planets), and Sariah (who had stayed home today -she got sick last night in the miiddle of the night), was helping our litle neighbor friend across the street C. (thank you Sariah, you are so sweet, this is the second project in two weeks she's helped him with, since both his parents work, and when he's over hanging out and we are working on a project with Hannah, we might as well do two and help him also).

After projects Amanda made mac n' cheese for dinner for us, then we had birthday cake and ice cream and opened presents for/with the birthday boy! He got a car/town play mat, and some Spiderman and friends duplo blocks, but he loved the race cars that dad got him best of all!
Happy Happy Birthday Little Man!

2 comments:

Traveling Deckers said...

I can not believe he is two. Our families are just growing up too fast. Dan is finishing up his mission paper stuff and they should go in next week! How did the time go by so fast????? Cangrats he is such a cutie.

The Hull Munchkins said...

Happy Birthday Liam! Can you believe it's been over 2 yrs since you gave birth. I have this image of a tiny boy we saw after he came home from being in the hospital!
How he has grown and boy is he cute!

I'm sure he's not spoiled by his sisters. :)
-Patty