Rebekah took Art 1 this past semester at school. She hasn't really brought anything home, so We haven't had the opportunity to see any of the things she's been working on, although we have heard about some of them.
At the end of the semester the students display their favorite or best pieces of artwork at the Art Show. It was originally scheduled for last week on Thursday and she had made something special for me, (as my birthday present) and was going to be abe to have it go to the Christmas Festival as a nativity... then because of weather they postponed the art show (even though they still had the band Concert that night). She was very sad, but I didn't know why...
.JPG)
Well this week when they did hold the art show, on tuesday night along with the Choir Concert. I got there later than planned, but when we arrived we were treated with some amazing art, and the pictures that she had done were fantastic! I do crafty arts stuff, but I have to copy a pattern, and I cannot do realistic stuff at all! I am so impressed with what she has learned in art, and that she had the ability to do the work she did!
.JPG)
We are so proud of her!
.JPG)
Just another art comment... A week or two ago, rebekah was sitting here with me and Liam while we were watching a Disney movie. She was pointing out things and was amazed at all the attention to detail that they take to do a whole movie... at first it was just a few comments, then after a while, I asked her if this new notice was because she has been in art class. It was just interesting to see her notice all of the actual artistic efforts...
We like all that she did. I can't believe all the details she did on the face of the little African girl. I don't think I could EVER do something like that! And of course I loved the Nativity picture, and all the thought that went into it! And then there is the Swan picture... Awesome! Bill asked her if he could have it. We'll need to take her stuff in to get it framed. Again, we are so proud of her.
2 comments:
She is amazing!
What a talent she is discovering. And anytime she wants to unload any extra pieces, she can give me a call. :)
That swan is breathtaking!
Those are great! What an amazing talent she has! I am sure you are all very proud as well as she is! :)
Post a Comment