Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another week rolls by; how is half the year almost gone?!?!?!?!

This week I've spent several days planting and gardening. I put in a flower bed in my front yard, with the help of several friends and neighbors either helping dig up the grass, offering mulch and soil, weed reducing fabric, or edging they had extra's of, or just directing and supporting my (our) efforts. I think it looks quite nice. I was tired of everyone's houses/yards, having lots of colorful flowers and blooming trees, and my yard just had a lot of boring green shrubs! They planted larger shrubs and bushes, in front of shorter/smaller shrubs and bushes. This year with the drought, and the poor planting they did when they put the plants in years ago, probably when the house was built... they didn't dig big enough holes, and they didn't add top soil, so the roots are still - (after abt. 10 yrs), in a small little knotted bundle, and roots growing on top of the ground, three of my shrubs have died! so i'm getting rid of some of them, and i'm going to put in colorfu; flowering bushes. I also got most of my garden planted.

I spent several hours for several days this week working on, sewing, pioneer trek clothes. I spent 4 hours at the church with several other ladies yesterday, and between chasing Liam down, trying to keep him away from the sewing machines, and having him remove teh movies from the computer he was watching, so that I could start it over for him AGAIN over and over and over and over again... I didn't get a whole lot of sewing done! Today Amanda and I worked on it some more, and we now have all four Bonnets, almost finished, and we have two completed apron's with pockets, and part of another apron done. I may actually get these clothes done by the time they need them in less than a month now!

And tomorrow is Sariah's birthday and there is much to do to be ready for it. I hope the weather is good, since they are planning on sleeping in a tent in the backyard! After they go to the pool and swim. I certainly don't have enough room inside for the 14 or so girls she has invited!

2 comments:

Traveling Deckers said...

Wow and I thought I had a lot on my plate. I can't believe that school is almost done. It sounds like your girls are going to have a great time.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Sariah! Enjoy your day. It looks like time is flying by there as it is here. Happy Mother's Day, Wendy!