Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mothers Day

My day started out with Marissa coming in with her stack of cards and pictures she'd drawn and made for the past couple of weeks. Sweet! then I began to smell yummy breakfast, and she returned with a menu of food by 'Sheft Bill', and they brought me breakfast in bed. I got a beautiful Statue of a Mother and children from Bill. he had a hard time bringing it back through airport security wince he wanted to hand carry it. It happened to be the same trip he bought the Christus for me and he had both of them to hand carry, along with his laptop computer...

Rebekah bought me this very funny book (that Amanda pointed out to her a little bit ago at the store) - If These BOOBS Could Talk: A Little Humor to Pump Up the Breastfeeding Mom
http://www.amazon.com/These-Boobs-Could-Talk-Breastfeeding/dp/0740771205/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210777663&sr=8-1
I can tell you years ago that I would have NEVER imagined that I'd get somethign like this for a gift and for Mothers Day, and from my kids! I think it is very sweet that knowing and apreciating the work I do with pregnant, birthign and breastfeeding mom's they would get something like this for me.

I got to go to Church with my hubby ;-) I got to sit with my three young women durring combined R.S. and Y.W. meeting at church. Then afterward, we had packed a picnic type lunch/dinner, and went off Franklin, TN for a Musical Fireside by Jason Deere and band. He has put out two Album's - Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet, and Trek: A Nashville Tribute to the Pioneers. It was really wonderful. He talked about how he read hundreds of actual Pioneer Journals as inspiration to pay tribute to those that too that incredible Journey. He uses some of the journal entries as background intro to some of the songs, and some of the lines in the songs are direclty from some entries. It is very touching. It was interesting to be 'rocking out' on a Sunday at a Chapel however... ;-)
http://www.ldsaudio.com/shop/music.aspx?type=album&id=330
You can listen to some of the songs at this web site -
http://www.ldsaudio.com/shop/music.aspx?type=album&id=564

We met a Sister Missionary there. Sister Ar__ll. We chatted with her, and I told her I'd tease her brother about not writing to her while she has been out for 16 months already... so... I'll have to get ahold of E and K A, who live just a few miles south of me... and are expecting a new baby in Dec. (I spilled that news, hope it wasn't a secret! ;-) she said she'd just talked to her mom that day for Mothers day and she hadn't said anything about it!

Rebekah stayed home and kept Liam for us, and though ti was a long night for her, I (we) really appreciated ehr willingness to help out, since it would have been a lot more stressful getting up and down with him and I'm sure taking him out in the hallway for much of it. It was hard enough keeping up with the two/three younger one's we had with us, who got awfully tired after a long day and sitting still in church chairs, for two hours (that lasted into bed time), then the drive back home... Let's just be honest. I'm glad Liam wasn't with us, though I wished Rebekah could have been.

Listening to the stories of the pioneers made me want to 'get to know' my ancestors better, and to introduce them more fully to my children. I haven't even done a very good job at sharing my memories and stories of my own parents to my children so that they might get to know them, as they never had the opportunity to know either of them, since my parents both passed away before I was married or had children.
I came up with an idea for Y.W. projects for my girls if they'd like to do this. We have old mimeographed copies of some of the family histories of several of my ancestors, and I thought if they'[d like to take the time to type them into the computer and make a more usuable (in today's technological world) copy of it, and then we'd be able to share it better as a family, and to send to our other relatives as well. I thought this might be a way for them to get to know their ancestors as people with real lives. Bringing the Spirit of Elijah to our family.

So, I had a wonderful Mothers Day, though it certainly wasn't conventional for what I would have planned or thought it would be like.
Thank you family.

2 comments:

hope said...

Just skimmed through all your posts that I haven't been able to read until recently. Is she really prego?! I was teasing her last month about being pg because of the way she was feeling!! That is too funny!!
Anyhoo, how is it that children grow so fast, and our days sometimes go so slow?! I can't believe it. You have a beautiful family!!

danakat said...

Loved catching up. And I thought I wrote a lot! :)