I have only been home just over a week, have had sick kids, and crazy life, and Marissa had her Birthday party, and we cleaned and I made cake, and I have been at two births, in the past 5 days.
One birth was quite quick to a fourth time mom, I got the call at 6:30 a.m. and I almost made my friend J's birthday lunch... Happy B-Day, sorry I missed the party...
Then I came home finished up birthday party stuff - Thanks so much to my hubby and to my sickly child Amanda, who did a lot of it (decorated and put together the party bags), and generally helped a lot!
Friday night it was CRAZY at my house with a house full of squeeling 7 and 8 year olds!!!!!! They were out of control! I thought I might lose my mind! Bill wasn't feeling in top form, and he was falling asleep on the couch, in the middle of it all. There was some drama... we almost called parents to come take their little 'princesses' home by 9 pm. Rebekah came home from the football game/band trip at 11:45 p.m and by then I was exhausted, Bill was asleep, and Liam was insane... so I took Liam upstairs to get him setteled down and put him to sleep, and Rebekah sat downstairs with the crazy girls till they all finally setteled down and fell asleep, without doing anything mean or crazy to anyone else after 1 am. Thank you Rebekah!!! (I'll post pic's ina separate post).
Sunday, Bill took Hannah home from church she wasn't feeling well, and Rebekah stayed home from church sick.
Monday we spent most of the day with one kid or another trying to help them/ get them to clean up their rooms! Then Bill took the girls to the fair across town, Rebekah was at work, and Liam was stayed home with me. Tuesday I took Rebekah to the Dr. to see if we could get her something, before she spent a week home from school like Amanda did the week before.
Then I went to a postpartum visit with the mom who had her baby last week, and while I was there I got called about another mom in labor, so I went off to that labor/birth, and Rebekah helped with the kids, and made dinner.
Wed. our sweet friend J came over and spent the day with Liam, since I still wasnt' home (no baby yet), then she helped transport kids to their activities, like Karate, and Activity Day, YW's. What a great friend she is, and we are all going to miss her and her sweet little girls dearly when she moves in a few weeks! :-( boo hoo!!!
The little mom that I was working with, was a trooper! She was like the little train that could... whenever we gav her a suggestion or asked for her to do something different, she would say, "I'll try." or "I guess I can try". She only sort of said she didn't think she could do it once in her over 30 hours of hard labor! She was so amazing!!! First baby, 9 lbs, no tear or anything, she was amazing! I'm totally behind about writing down birth stories in my birth stories blog, but I will have to get to this one soon, before the events of the day fade away...
Next week Bill will be in Munich. He was supposed to leave on Sat. however with the storms blowing up from the south... they would have been rerouted from Charlston to Denver (an extra 3 hours of flight time, etc... so they are all flying out Friday (tomorrow) instead, ahead of the storms. Yay! Then he's home for a week and gone again to Orlando for a week.
Never a dull moment!!!
2 comments:
yeesh and I thought I had a crazy life right now. We sure miss you guys.
Crazy life! How sad is it that we live a few minutes from each other and I keep up with you better on your blog than in person! Lunch soon - to catch up - with L & S boys in tow? J is moving? Can she leave M & S with us? I'll call you - or her - for the scoop - I guess with summer, school starting and now "nannying" I really have been out of the loop!
Post a Comment