Monday, September 29, 2008

New York, New York!!!!!

I'm here! I'm in New York!

thank you to my sweetheart for letting me come! And thankyou, thankyou to all the friends who are helping me out by letting Liam come play this week!!!

My friend is going to her appointment this morning to see how things are going and if there has been any change since last week - 3 cm. I will keep Tanner her 2 1/2 yr old home. Hopefully we can find something to play so he'll like me... ;-) We were going to take a walk yesterday afternoon along the east river, and then go to a park for the kids to run off a little energy, but just before we got the couple of blocks to the Riverwalk, it started raining and we didn't have any jackets or anything, so we came back home. Rach had wanted to walk, so her hubby Gar and the kids took the elevator up, and we walked up the 6 flights to their apartment. She has a really cute little apartment. This whole living in NYC is so interesting. No car, they either walk, ride a bus or taxi everywhere they go. Gar takes the subway to work (in the financial district - and yes he's been interviewing around other places, since he hasn't been officially fired yet this week, but... he's just waiting for the severance letter. ) Rach doesn't like to take the subway, a bit daunting with kids in tow... a stroller and all, but when they are together Rach n Gar, they take the subway quite a bit.

I'll try to keep updaitng my blog as the week goes on. I don't figure I'll have pic's this week though. I will just have to post pic's after I get back home.

I'm kind of sad to miss the Pie's at Enrichment this week... but next weekend after Sariah comes up to see me for Fall break, I'm taking her up to an Apple Orchard http://www.wilkensfarm.com/ When I first came to NY (many many long years ago...), I worked as a nanny for a very nice family. The mom (my boss) was the oldest child in the family that owns and runs Wilkens fruit and fir farm. The closest pick your own apple orchard to NYC. The whole family (whoever lives near enough) comes every weekend in the fall, and winter and work the farm pick your own business. We always had fresh (or frozen) applesauce to eat and apple juice and Cider to drink all year round. I haven't seen them all in a long time. I guess it's been abt. 9 -10 years. We did visit when Hanah was a baby, and Sariah was 3, before we moved to Japan. But it was summer and we didnt' go to the farm. It will be fun to take my daughter to see the farm. I wonder if I could get apples home to AL...? We could make a yummy pie!!!
My 'baby' that I took care of as a nanny (she was 3 months old when I started) is a grown woman now... Kristamarie, graduated from Cornell University with a Masters in Biomedical Engineering and is currently seeking employment in the field of orthopedics. I will get to see her as well, as she is living back at home this year and working.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

How fun! We have four apple trees. Two green and two red. We made red apple cider last night! And I make apple pie too when my hubby wants some. I hope you have fun in NY, I'm totally jealous!

Traveling Deckers said...

Too fun. I hope the babies come while you are there. Good luck and enjoy.