Friday, September 5, 2008

I think I BROKE my toe(s)!!!!!!!!!!

I Should probably start with a disclaimer:
*I have never, and will never be hired as a foot Model!
Not that I have particularly ugly or gross looking feet, but I don't think anyone would want me on the front page of a magazine in all their amazing technicolor glory either.

*IF you have an aversion to feet (L, you know who you are...) You may not want to look at my pictures: :-) I'll try to make the pictures far enough down that you may not want to go there if you don't need to...

**********************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************


I was hurrying through my house thursday and my left foot hit the buckle for the car seat that was still sitting in my front hallway, from me being gone for the past two days, and slipped. I sort of did a half splits, and when my back foot, right foot, went backwards, two of my toes did not... I landed on my knee as well. I knew when I did it my toes should have been hurt, but I think they were sort of numb to begin with... they did start to feel a little tingly, and then the swelling started, and by evening and walking on my foot all day long around the house, I was feeling quite sore, and the bruising had really started. (So the bruising doesn't show up very well on camera. A lot of it is between the toes.)SO I wrapped my toes in tape, so I would stop trying to bend them and it helped, but I took some big motrin before I went to bed. Today I have been hobling on them so much, that my left knee I think is trying to compensate for the weight shift, and it is killing me! (also from the hard birth where I did a lot of kneeling and squating to work with the mom, my knees are shot). SO now I'm really hobbling around. It's sort of embarrassing to walk out in public.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Yikes!! Oh, I hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

I hope it all heals well! And quickly!

Birdie said...

Ouch! That sucks! A chiro can help with that knee *wink*

shari said...

I have broken my toes before. It is so very painful. More than I would have believed. Taping the two together is what the Doc. reccomends. I am so sorry. OUCH!!! And as soon as you can you should put your foot in a closed shoe.

hope said...

Okay, so you have seen me walking "in public" for the past couple months. Hobling is not a crime. Be proud of your Momma injury! Broken toes and torn ligaments are nothing to laugh at or be embarassed about.
Sorry for the ouchness though! That HURTS!!!