We've had some strange virus running through our house this week. Sariah was hit sunday through Tuesday, Amanda was tuesday through thursday, I was hit wed, thurs, last night Liam seemed to be comming down with it, and Bill this morning felt it coming on...
For some of my family it started with a slight headache, for me it started with a slight cough, followed by fever and chills, and body aches, including joint pain, followed up by coughing...
I'm not real big into thermometers, so I never took Sariah's temp to see exactly what was going on with her, but Amanda wanted confirmation that she was sick... so we took hers, and it ran 102. the day she had the highest fever. She insisted on taking my temp as well, but I just felt like crap and didn't have a fever yet... (if anything I was low... 97. degrees) the following day I ran a fever soaking my clothes with sweat, and chills, I just couldn't get warm enough. Liam had a fever last night, and this morning and I got him to take some tylenol. he isn't warm now, but his eyes do not look good (like he's drugged - but not from the tylenol dose hours ago...), he is be bopping around however, whereas, Sariah, Amanda, and I all spent a day or more in a half coma, sleeping (fitfully) for the majority of the time. perhaps Liam did some of that last night when he came and snuggled in bed with me for several hours (late in the afternoon/eve). I was honestly too out of it, to have noticed much more than that he was snuggled up to me. Today I just have a bad cough, and total body aches... some from laying in bed/or on the couch for the past couple of days, and I feel like my ribs are bruised from the coughing... definitely NO fun!!! (I wonder how much weight I've lost - and if I could keep it off - since I've eaten next to NOTHING for the past three days).
Bill asked me this morning how long he had till he was bad enough he'd be in the half coma since he had the head ache... he had a job interview this morning, and didn't want to put it off. Now I guess he'll be out of it for the next couple of days, and then we just have three more kids to get through it... so much for fun weekend plans. at least we didn't already pay for tickets to the circus we might not be able to use.
5 comments:
wow your house sounds like our house last week. Now this week we have been dealing with strep. He I just thought of something, maybe Matt picked up the strep at the docs when we were there for his cough!!!! Huuum stupid germs!!!!!
Ya, um, we already bought the tickets.
Fortunately, we are not bad now. Shawn was going through the worst of it. But our friends who we were going with came down with it yesterday. Yuck! Where is Spring???
I hope it passes quickly! Bria came down sick on Wed. night, but was ready to go to school this morning!
Not fun! Sometimes I just wish they'd all get sick at the same time and be done with it!
Hope the Interview went well!
Man! This stuff is going around all over the place! I have had 4-5 kids out all week long with the same type of thing. I've also had a bunch of kids out with strep, but that's a different story! :) I hope you are all feeling well again soon!
ohhhhh yuck. I hope everyone is on the mend!!
Post a Comment