Amanda played on the Freshman Powder Puff football team last week. They practiced after school all week and then they played on friday. We got
the little girls out of school to come watch. They saw the concession stand and of course were dying of hunger, so dad bought them nachos.
They got cold as it was quite a blustery day, and was still a bit wet from last night's rain storm. I'm sure glad Bill called me before I left the house to bring blankets!
Sariah layed down and covered her head for a while - as she said, she has NO FAT on her to keep her skinny bones warm at all! Liam, just wanted to run up and down the bleechers... and of course we were preventing him from doing that, so...he cried.
but we still had fun.
Rebekah wanted to but she'd already missed several afternoons of school last week, for not feeling well and an orthodontist apointment, so I didn't think she should miss more school going into finals this week.
(only 3
1/2 days left)
Amand had fun, and they WON! (even though the 8th graders cheated
some by tying thier flags on! and some bad calls or lack thereof for holding.) At half time they had a group of 'cheerleader/dancers' -8th grade boys. One was a friends younger brother, they were so funny! Very cute!
Then on Sat. after pulling bushes and planting flowers, Amanda made me take her to get a hair cut! she has been asking, and I've been busy, so we ran to one of those quicky hair cut places, and it looks really cute! Of course i was in a hurry to get out the door to church so I forgot to take any pictures of her new cute haircut! I tried to take some after church, but they didnt' turn out real well, and she was in her jammies, not all dressed up cute anymore.
She needed to domethign to her hair if you look at this picture. ;-) (o.k. so it was late in the evening, and she'd just finished adding her name and number onto the back of the shirt. her hair was definitely not a priorty at that moment!) ;-)
2 comments:
I remember the fun days of powder puff, thanks for sharing!
I wish our school would do something like that hear. All we get is spirit week where they dress something different every day!!!!! Can't wait to see the hair :)
Post a Comment