Some of the things that have been on my mind - but just haven't made it onto my blog yet...
I am thankful for Health Care (even if it is a bit like socalized medicine).
In the past few weeks we have had multiple appointments at the clinic on post. Between the 8 of us we've gone in for a Kidney infection, Hip Pain, Candida, Refill Prescriptions, and x-rays. We've been sent off post for CT scans, Ultrasounds, Orthopedics and Physical Therapy. Upcoming we have more x-rays, and an MRI scheduled, along with more appointments to Orthopedics, and possible minor surgery
Because we've been in the military, we've always had this available to us, and at no cost. The most we've ever paid for any of the health care (that the military has provided) was when the oldest two girls were born. Since neither of them were born at a military hospital, we had to pay for a part of our food while there... I think we paid about $7.00 dollars or something silly like that.
I really haven't had to think about our health care costs in the past. I'm ever so thankful, that when Liam was sick and we spent three weeks in the
Now this being said, I will comment that my husband has had multiple deployments overseas, he is technically on call 24/7 and if necessary, is willing to give his LIFE for our freedoms, and THAT is a pretty HIGH PRICE to pay for all of the health care benefits we've had available to us...
There have been irritations about the 'system' that we are in at times. There have been fustrations about our lack of choice of who we go see, at times. I am currently a bit frustrated that they denied a request for an orthotic to go in Liam's shoe to help his walk be evened out somewhat... the silly thing only costs just over $20.00, so I told our P.T. to just order it and we will pay for it ourselves!!!However, in the near future, Bill is getting ready to retire from the military... I wonder who he will work for, and what kind of insurance benefits we will have. I don't know how it works when you have retired military insurance as well as a secondary insurance. Will that cover the cost of co-pays that I hear others talk about when they go to the Dr?
Frustrations or not... I have to be thankful for the health care and inurance that my husband has provided for us over the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment