Thursday, November 13, 2008

Giving Thanks and Gratitude


I've been thinking (along with many of my friends) about the lesson we had (thanks K) on gratitude. I sort of wanted to do a gratitude post as well, but didn't want to seem like I was just COPYING... so I kept putting it off. I give up now, I want to do a gratitude post... it is good for us to have to think of the things we are greatful for.


*I am Thankful for a wonderful husband, who was born of Goodly Parents, and raised in such a way as to have a desire to seek out answers to his questions. I'm thankful that he took me to the temple to be sealed together forever so that we would have the opportunity to have our family with us for eternity. I'm thankful that he is my best friend. I'm thankful for his support and all that he gives to me. I'm thankful for his Love of Country. (and has taken me to foreign and exotic places) :-) I'm so thankful that he is a great dad








*I am thankful for each one of my children.




*Rebekah - for her strong spirit, that will hopefully serve her well to be a leader. I'm thankful for all the hard work she has done searching out college information and for the scholarships and grants she's been able to get to help with College next year. I love her dearly. I am thankful that seh will have the opportunity to head off on her own, and yet sad to see the day come when my 'baby' leaves the nest... I will miss having her around! I am thankful that she finished her YW in Excellence, before she turns 18 and can move on to Relief Society.













*Amanda - I am thankful for her fun personality and her sweet spirit. I am looking forward to seeing how she grows and and for the person she is becomming. I am thankful for her willingness to help (usually) and her ability to let us 'tease' her about the Jeckyl/Hyde moments of life. I am thankful that she and Rebekah have been able to be in Marching band together this year.


















* Sariah - I am thankful for this girl in my life. I am thankful for all the help she has been with Liam in his lifetime (thus far). I am thankful for her bright personality,and how much fun she can be. I'm thankful for (and trying to learn to let go and let her) fun way of doing things, even if it isn't always the way 'I' would do it. I am thankful for all that she is teaching me. I love that she is willing to take chances at times and try new things (like sassy new cute hair cuts)! I am thankful she is growing into an amazing Young Woman. I am thankful for how much effort she puts into her projects (ahead of time even...).






* Hannah - I'm thankful or her sweet (most of the time) personality. I am thankful for her willingness to see things in others and to stand up for others (outside of her family) ;-) I'm tyinbg to be thankful for her different style - tomboy is new for me... we've had so many fights over everyone wanting pink and fru fru for so many years, this doesn't seem to care about girly things is a bit hard for me to get used to.














* Marissa - I'm thankful for her spirited personality. I'm thankful for her ability to play. I'm thankful she is doing so well in her karate classes. (even if I'm not the best 'sports' mom ever!) I'm thankful for her zest for life. I'm thankful that she got baptised this year, and is growing in the gospel. I'm thankful for her fun 'fashion sense'...












* Liam - I am so thankful for this little wild man! He is a fresh breath of air. I am thankful for his energetic personality... even though it wears me out at times. I'm thankful for all that he is learning (even if it means he is going to be more computer literate than I am in a short time). I am thankful for his wilingness to learn all of the silly things his sister's teach him... Like to be a 'gentleman' - when he kisses a lady's hand... or when he sings a silly made up song or game they teach him. Even if sometimes the songs and accompanying dance are a bit embarrassing in public! I'm thankful that he is healthy and doesn't even know he ever was sick or had surgery. I love his ability to make us all laugh.











I am thankful for my wonderful, amazing, sometimes crazy family. For the path we are on together to be a forever family.

2 comments:

danakat said...

You have a great family!
I loved reading your thoughts on each one.

Traveling Deckers said...

I loved reading about the kids that way. I am thakful we had that time together as families while we were both in Japan :)