Yesterday seemed to be movie day.
Sariah started the day out, going with friends to see some scarey movie...then, Hannah was invited to go see HSM 3 with the neighbors. We decided that perhaps Amanda and I could take Marissa later... It turned out Sariah got home in time to go with us as well.
After spending the day with Amanda working on her YW in Excellence project, we got ready and headed off to Bridge Street. We arrived just in time and got in our seats as the last preview was showing.
I remembered reading 'D's blog post about going to see High School Musical 3 and hwo she loved it. I thouught it started out a little bit slow, and then... WoW! They did an awesome job! I loved it! I seriously had to hold myself back, I wanted to cheer and clap throughout the whole thing!!! We were in a small crowd, but other than laughter, there wasn't a whole lot of noise, and I would have been very noticeable! I just clapped silently to myself.
I think one of my favorite parts was The Boys Are Back! http://www.clevver.com/movies/videof/225491/high-school-musical-3-senior-year-video-clip-the-boys-are-back.html
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/high-school-musical-3-music-video-us5-the-boys-are-back-hq/3236085977
So cute!!!
I literally wiped tears away at parts of the movie! Perhaps it has something to do with the story line of it being their senior year in high school and they were all graduating and moving on with their lives, and it made me think of Rebekah and how in just a few short months she will be leaving home. When faced with the reality of my baby going out on her own I know it will be hard and I will miss her so much. She, I'm sure, has NO idea how much I love her and I truely will miss havng her around. It has been an amazing journey being a mother. To watch my children grow and learn and to become amazing people. To wonder what kind of people they will be when they are grown, and what they will ultimately do with thier lives.
O.K. so this got pretty deep, but back to the original reason for this post... I LOVED HSM3!!! We have probably all seen other movies, where after the first or second in the series, they just seem to go down hill. There is at least one or two kids shows in particular that I can think of that I can watch the first, it's cute. The 2nd, also cute. But by the time they hit the third movie??? It's as if they ran out of idea's and yet they just keep trying to keep us pulled in, based on the success of earlier movies of the same name. With this one? I think it was the best one yet, and I am sad to see these kids (the show) grow up - and move on.
Bravo... great job!!! If you haven't seen it yet, and you liked the original Disney Movie.. Go see it! soon! I think I could see this one over and over. Now to get the Sound Track!!!
2 comments:
I knew it!
As soon as I read your post title, I knew it was about HSM3. I really am excited to go back. And the soundtrack is played in our house daily. I love having something that my girls and I can both enjoy. And I can't even begin to think of any of them leaving...
You are going to have so many experiences to share with the rest of us.
Glad to hear you liked it. I could not decide if I wanted to go see it or not. Now I will. And about kids leaving for college, I will have number 3 leaving in just a year. That means only one kid at home. What will I do?????
Post a Comment