This has been a week of sickness. Marissa woke up the other morning and didn't complain, was getting ready for school, crying all the while. She didn't have any symptons at the time of anything other than her head/neck hurt. He thought perhaps she had slept weird and had a crik in her neck or something. Bill told her, he couldn't possibly send her to school like that! So he kept her home. He had an appointment across the street and wasn't leaving till 10:30, and if she was feeling better by then he'd take her to school then. As the day progressed she got more and more misserable. She started burning up with a fever! She didn't eat anything all day, after breakfast, and she slept a lot. Day two she woke up and was sort of feeling better in general, but then said her head hurt worse than the day before. She went from fever to chills again. Today was day three for her. She had much more energy today but still didn't feel great, and had a little bit of a fever again this eveing. (a side note... this morning Marissa's teacher called from school to check up on her and see what was going on. I thought that was very, very sweet of her.)
Yesterday Sariah came home from school, went upstairs and fell asleep. She slept off and on all afternoon and had a bit of a head ache (she felt it if she was awake, but she didn't notice it if she was asleep). By bedtime she had a fever as well. She stayed home from school today.
Rebekah has been having asthma issues for about 3 weeks now. It has been getting worse little by little each week. This week she had already gone to the Dr. for it once, then last night she almost wanted us to take her to the ER. We put a call in to our Dr. who helped reassure us that she was having pain so it was hard to breathe, but not because she was unable to breathe... this morning she went in to the Dr. again. She was sent for an EKG and a chest x-rays, and given another new prescription. it did seem to help her by this afternoon. We got a phone call from our Dr. and she said the xrays and ekg were fine. She possibly has a bit of pleurisy - which is painful irritaion or infection of the lining of the lungs. This is not helpful when you have asthma to begin with. So... she ended up home from school today.
Last night when we were dealing wth Sariah and Marissa being feverish, Amanda started having a head ache as well, and I felt her and thought she might be a bit warm, we gave her tylenol, and she went to bed. It seemed like everyone was going to be sick today and stay home from school, except for Hannah... Amanda however got up and felt better, adnhad a test in a class she didn't want to miss and have to make up, so she went to school. Dad went ahead and let hannah stay home today as well, since it almost seemed like a party (not a happy party, but a lazy day party...) today. Also, Bill leaves for Germany tomorrow, so he has taken the day off to get ready to go and figured we'd all spend a little time together.
Liam isn't sick yet, but he's home with me every day, however he has these foot pains... last night was a LOOOOONG night with Liam. Some times I can get him to take tylenol, most of the time not, especially in the middle of the night when he is already half asleep but awake and screaming crying and whining and begging/insisting on me rubbing his foot! Sometimes I try to get him to take it before bed (but it's hard to know, I don't want to drug him to sleep for no good reason, but if he has been jumping or running outside without shoes or something I can almost guarantee that his foot will hurt in the middle of the night), so I try to get him to drink some 'grape juice' (grape flavored liquid tylenol).
Hopefully everyone will get better and we'll have an uneventful week while Bill is in Europe.
3 comments:
Wow! Life sure is busy at your house! :) Sickness seems to run around the block these days! I'm sorry there have been so many nasty germs buggin' ya! :) My wishes to you that everyone will get well soon!!
Oh dear, Wendy! I feel so bad for you guys. :(
Please let me know if I can be helpful in any way.
I'll keep your family in my prayers. And I hope you have an uneventful week too...you need one.
I hope that it all passes quickly! We are FINALLY over the sicknesses that have lasted about 2 weeks and I am hoping we get a LONG break from them!
If you need anything let me know!
Post a Comment