Friday night was the West Point Founders Day Dinner, and it was held at the new Davidson Center For Space Exploration at the Space and Rocket Center. http://thespacereview.com/article/1053/1
We got to get all dressed up, Bill in his Dress Blue Uniform and me in my fancy dress, and go to dinner and sit under the Saturn 5 Rocket. We had a West Point Alum Jeffrey Williams who is an astronaut as our guest speaker. He had some incredible pictures that he took from the International Space station where he spent 6 months. It was pretty incredible to hear about his experiences.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/expeditions/expedition13/index.html
I'd love to post a picture of us, but... we didn't' take our camera with us, what was I thinking??? Obviously I wasn't! I did get a picture in my dress, but I don't' think we got one of Bill and I together. Even if I did, I don't think I'd be able to post it, since my laptop is not communicating with the main family computer where the camera downloads the pictures to...
Here is a picture of us (o.k. so you'll have to imagine the Saturn 5 Rocket over our heads, as this one was taken a couple of years ago (at the last formal evening we attended, in Washington D.C.), same outfits... yes I wore my fancy dress to two events! ) It is the only thing I could think of to get a picture of both of us together anyway... I hope this link will work.
http://www.west-point.org/users/usma1989/46946/2003web/images/wendy/oct03aacball.jpg
We got to get all dressed up, Bill in his Dress Blue Uniform and me in my fancy dress, and go to dinner and sit under the Saturn 5 Rocket. We had a West Point Alum Jeffrey Williams who is an astronaut as our guest speaker. He had some incredible pictures that he took from the International Space station where he spent 6 months. It was pretty incredible to hear about his experiences.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/expeditions/expedition13/index.html
I'd love to post a picture of us, but... we didn't' take our camera with us, what was I thinking??? Obviously I wasn't! I did get a picture in my dress, but I don't' think we got one of Bill and I together. Even if I did, I don't think I'd be able to post it, since my laptop is not communicating with the main family computer where the camera downloads the pictures to...
Here is a picture of us (o.k. so you'll have to imagine the Saturn 5 Rocket over our heads, as this one was taken a couple of years ago (at the last formal evening we attended, in Washington D.C.), same outfits... yes I wore my fancy dress to two events! ) It is the only thing I could think of to get a picture of both of us together anyway... I hope this link will work.
http://www.west-point.org/users/usma1989/46946/2003web/images/wendy/oct03aacball.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment