Just kidding! Amanda is now on the roads of Alabama. She passed her drivers permit test today, so she has a year to learn to drive and gets to practice on mom and dad (until she gets into the Drivers Ed class next school year).
Amanda drove around the neighborhood today. She did a pretty good job, and unlike some of our friends, who drove into neighbors yards, or after driving only about 1 mile both mom and daughter were crying and daughter had her dad teach her, and never DROVE in a car with her mom again, until recently (she told us 12 or 13 years! I think). She said we were doing great! :-)
I did get a little nervous when we had to pass cars parked along the side of the road. She had a tendency to ride to the right side rather than be out in the middle. I thought for our first trip behind the wheel, she backed out of the garage, and drove around for about an hour, that she did a fantastic job!
On another note, Rebekah has been home since last Thursday. She caught the Flu! yucky! She has been just miserable! I took her to the Dr. on thurs last week, she had a fever of 103.7 and she was excused from school till monday. However by monday she still felt horrible, hadn't eaten hardly anything in 4 days, and could not have managed a day at school. she has also had laryngitis, and has not been able to talk in more than a whisper for days now (I've been teasing her... sorry sweetie!). Today I got her another appointment at the clinic on post. The FNP she saw gave her a note to stay home from school the rest of the week and return to school after spring break, so that she'd have time to rest and recover. In the time since she was there last week, she'd lost 4 lbs, and that was with eating more food in the past two days (so, she may have lost more and had started gaining some back). I hope no-one else gets it! I've been taking vit. C, echinecea, zink, elderberry, and Airborne, to try and prevent it from hitting me!
Amanda drove around the neighborhood today. She did a pretty good job, and unlike some of our friends, who drove into neighbors yards, or after driving only about 1 mile both mom and daughter were crying and daughter had her dad teach her, and never DROVE in a car with her mom again, until recently (she told us 12 or 13 years! I think). She said we were doing great! :-)
I did get a little nervous when we had to pass cars parked along the side of the road. She had a tendency to ride to the right side rather than be out in the middle. I thought for our first trip behind the wheel, she backed out of the garage, and drove around for about an hour, that she did a fantastic job!
On another note, Rebekah has been home since last Thursday. She caught the Flu! yucky! She has been just miserable! I took her to the Dr. on thurs last week, she had a fever of 103.7 and she was excused from school till monday. However by monday she still felt horrible, hadn't eaten hardly anything in 4 days, and could not have managed a day at school. she has also had laryngitis, and has not been able to talk in more than a whisper for days now (I've been teasing her... sorry sweetie!). Today I got her another appointment at the clinic on post. The FNP she saw gave her a note to stay home from school the rest of the week and return to school after spring break, so that she'd have time to rest and recover. In the time since she was there last week, she'd lost 4 lbs, and that was with eating more food in the past two days (so, she may have lost more and had started gaining some back). I hope no-one else gets it! I've been taking vit. C, echinecea, zink, elderberry, and Airborne, to try and prevent it from hitting me!
3 comments:
Yay for Amanda!
And so sorry Rebekah is still feeling puny. Maybe she'll actually feel better by Spring Break and you guys can do something fun......And hey, Amanda can drive you all around! :)
Hey now - why ya pickin' on my girl?!?! She'll get it - eventually - we may need a paint job but heck whats a lil paint? So happy for Amanda - asked her if she was saving her b-day $$ from us for a car but she didn't comment. Bekah looked/acted like she was feeling much better when I saw her at YW last night.
Thanks for letting me drive.
I love you.
:D
Post a Comment