While I looked for the picture of Bill and I all dressed up from our family web page (2003), I looked around at some of our old family photos. Wow! My kids have sure grown up a lot since we moved here! I looked at the pictures and got nostalgic and so I decided to do a post about that.
Life just moves so fast, and while you are living it, sometimes it feels slow, or it may feel like you'll never make it through a day, let alone a lifetime! I look back at some of those pictures, one of me with my little tree, since Bill was deployed for 6 months, and I couldn't' stand the thought of having to try to haul the big tree out of storage and set it up all by myself, so I bought this weird little woodland pine tree (complete with a bird house and bird of all things!) and put a few new ornaments on it, and that was our Christmas that year! And I'll tell you what, when I sent my husband off and wasn't even allowed to know where he went for a while, and knew I was all alone in a foreign country trying to stay sane and raise 5 kids all by myself! I didn't think I'd make it! tonight I sit here as my husband goes off for a week and I was thinking I was not going to be able to handle it, and then I guess this as good to look back and reflect on past years, and realize that if I could handle 6 months I can certainly handle 5 days! (o.k. so he'll be gone three of the next 4 weeks - home over spring break, and weekends, but gone three separate weeks), and that was getting me down, but in the grand scheme of things... even three weeks (if he were gone three weeks straight without coming home, it would still be less time than we've spent on several occasions! and truly), I have NOTHING to complain about, as many of my military friends have had multiple years of deployments and family separations, so I have been very lucky with my 5 month and 6 month deployments, and the 4 month and 5 month and 3 month and 1 month and two month training schools he's had to attend over the years.
I'm just a wimp, and I HATE mornings!!!!!!!! I am not a morning person, and never have been! and I've been very blessed that unless Bill is on a trip, or has an early meeting, he has allowed me with my sleepless nights to stay in bed and sleep, since Liam was born. Bill has gotten the girls all up and out of the house to school every day! I have gotten so lazy! So what that there were years of mornings when I had to do it all alone, and he left for work early, and came home late... I feel a bit like a slug, but if I am up at 7 am when they leave the house (not at 6 am when we have to wake the little girls, thank goodness the big girls get them selves up and ready for Seminary at 5:30 or so), but am so grateful for his willingness to deal with the morning madness! I am Not happy in the mornings, I don't deal with breakfast or making lunch well. My goal is to get them all up and supervise while they get ready, watch the clock and make sure they make it to the bus on time! If I do all of that, I feel good. Now if Liam actually sleeps through all of this madness, I feel even better, but either way it is a struggle for me.
As a matter of fact, it starts the night before! I get totally stressed that I am not going to hear the alarm clock, or that I've set it wrong, or some other dumb thing, so then I don't sleep well and keep waking up to check the clock and see what time it is so I know how much more time I have till I have to be out of bed and get them up! So, I'm exhausted from the mental and physical stress it puts on me, when Bill isn't home. I'm always afraid we'll all sleep in and they'll all be late for school. an it would totally all be MY fault! On top of that, then I'd have to leave the house - which requires a GREAT deal of bravery on my part, as I'm a very VAIN person, that's a whole other post, but for now, we'll suffice it to say, for me: leaving the house without completely getting showered, dressed, hair and make up done is a huge risk taking thing for me! so... I have to get them to the bus on time, so I don't have to 1- be fully awake yet, and just usher them out the door still wearing my pj's or a robe, and 2 - go in public looking scary!
There are some down sides, to me sleeping in, an Bill sending them to school. I have heard reports that one of my kid's hair had so many rats/knots that the kids were picking at her, and it was disrupting the class and the teacher actually helped brush her hair a couple of times! YIKES!!!!! what must that teacher and others think of me as the mother of this child!?!?!?! ugh! I'd never be happy letting her out of the house looking that way, with out at least brushing through the rats nest or hair! O.K. so the solution to that one was a shorter hair cut. I don't always get her to let me make it cute, and hope that cuteness part last a day or two, but... at least she can get a brush through it her own self!
Another down side to me sleeping in is... Dad doesn't usually notice all that much what they are wearing! so... all the cute clothes in their drawers and closets?!?!? nowhere to be seen! no, my child wore the same pair of over sized overalls (she loves overalls, and recently found a pair, she's not 'quite' big enough to fit into well, but she loves them so I've cinched the shoulders up as tight as they will possibly go, not that they are SUPPOSED to be cinched that tightly!, and they just HANG on her, but she LOVES them, so she wears them, if she can get away with it) 4 or 5 days in a row! with not even a CUTE t-shirt underneath, no! She has to pick the ugly over sized plain big box t-shirt or one's with weird labels, or log's on the front advertising silly things, but not a cute little t-shirt, that makes her look a bit more feminine! She has decided she's a tom-boy, and likes that look! Dirty ratty old overalls or jeans and a boring or weird no shape (well, o.k. that's not really true, they have a shape, it is a big SQUARE!), over sized t-shirt! hair not brushed!!!!! ugh! I just try not to look when she comes home from school some days to see what it is she's come up with to wear!
Well, this post didn't stay on topic, I don't think I added the link to our home page, I'll have to do that! it was the whole reason I got back on and did another post tonight! I should be sleeping, it is nearly midnight and I have to get up in 6 hours! YUCKY!!!!!!!
Bill hasn't updated our web page in about a year, but you know (those bloggers that live nearby, and I only have one blogger friend who isn't nearby currently - since I'm still new to this and don't even know if many of my friends have blogs or not), what my kids and family look like currently, but do you remember my kids being that small? that is if you even knew us at all that far back! They grow up so fast! ENJOY THIS TIME WITH YOUR BABIES, AND KIDS!
http://www.west-point.org/users/usma1989/46946/index.htm
good night!
Life just moves so fast, and while you are living it, sometimes it feels slow, or it may feel like you'll never make it through a day, let alone a lifetime! I look back at some of those pictures, one of me with my little tree, since Bill was deployed for 6 months, and I couldn't' stand the thought of having to try to haul the big tree out of storage and set it up all by myself, so I bought this weird little woodland pine tree (complete with a bird house and bird of all things!) and put a few new ornaments on it, and that was our Christmas that year! And I'll tell you what, when I sent my husband off and wasn't even allowed to know where he went for a while, and knew I was all alone in a foreign country trying to stay sane and raise 5 kids all by myself! I didn't think I'd make it! tonight I sit here as my husband goes off for a week and I was thinking I was not going to be able to handle it, and then I guess this as good to look back and reflect on past years, and realize that if I could handle 6 months I can certainly handle 5 days! (o.k. so he'll be gone three of the next 4 weeks - home over spring break, and weekends, but gone three separate weeks), and that was getting me down, but in the grand scheme of things... even three weeks (if he were gone three weeks straight without coming home, it would still be less time than we've spent on several occasions! and truly), I have NOTHING to complain about, as many of my military friends have had multiple years of deployments and family separations, so I have been very lucky with my 5 month and 6 month deployments, and the 4 month and 5 month and 3 month and 1 month and two month training schools he's had to attend over the years.
I'm just a wimp, and I HATE mornings!!!!!!!! I am not a morning person, and never have been! and I've been very blessed that unless Bill is on a trip, or has an early meeting, he has allowed me with my sleepless nights to stay in bed and sleep, since Liam was born. Bill has gotten the girls all up and out of the house to school every day! I have gotten so lazy! So what that there were years of mornings when I had to do it all alone, and he left for work early, and came home late... I feel a bit like a slug, but if I am up at 7 am when they leave the house (not at 6 am when we have to wake the little girls, thank goodness the big girls get them selves up and ready for Seminary at 5:30 or so), but am so grateful for his willingness to deal with the morning madness! I am Not happy in the mornings, I don't deal with breakfast or making lunch well. My goal is to get them all up and supervise while they get ready, watch the clock and make sure they make it to the bus on time! If I do all of that, I feel good. Now if Liam actually sleeps through all of this madness, I feel even better, but either way it is a struggle for me.
As a matter of fact, it starts the night before! I get totally stressed that I am not going to hear the alarm clock, or that I've set it wrong, or some other dumb thing, so then I don't sleep well and keep waking up to check the clock and see what time it is so I know how much more time I have till I have to be out of bed and get them up! So, I'm exhausted from the mental and physical stress it puts on me, when Bill isn't home. I'm always afraid we'll all sleep in and they'll all be late for school. an it would totally all be MY fault! On top of that, then I'd have to leave the house - which requires a GREAT deal of bravery on my part, as I'm a very VAIN person, that's a whole other post, but for now, we'll suffice it to say, for me: leaving the house without completely getting showered, dressed, hair and make up done is a huge risk taking thing for me! so... I have to get them to the bus on time, so I don't have to 1- be fully awake yet, and just usher them out the door still wearing my pj's or a robe, and 2 - go in public looking scary!
There are some down sides, to me sleeping in, an Bill sending them to school. I have heard reports that one of my kid's hair had so many rats/knots that the kids were picking at her, and it was disrupting the class and the teacher actually helped brush her hair a couple of times! YIKES!!!!! what must that teacher and others think of me as the mother of this child!?!?!?! ugh! I'd never be happy letting her out of the house looking that way, with out at least brushing through the rats nest or hair! O.K. so the solution to that one was a shorter hair cut. I don't always get her to let me make it cute, and hope that cuteness part last a day or two, but... at least she can get a brush through it her own self!
Another down side to me sleeping in is... Dad doesn't usually notice all that much what they are wearing! so... all the cute clothes in their drawers and closets?!?!? nowhere to be seen! no, my child wore the same pair of over sized overalls (she loves overalls, and recently found a pair, she's not 'quite' big enough to fit into well, but she loves them so I've cinched the shoulders up as tight as they will possibly go, not that they are SUPPOSED to be cinched that tightly!, and they just HANG on her, but she LOVES them, so she wears them, if she can get away with it) 4 or 5 days in a row! with not even a CUTE t-shirt underneath, no! She has to pick the ugly over sized plain big box t-shirt or one's with weird labels, or log's on the front advertising silly things, but not a cute little t-shirt, that makes her look a bit more feminine! She has decided she's a tom-boy, and likes that look! Dirty ratty old overalls or jeans and a boring or weird no shape (well, o.k. that's not really true, they have a shape, it is a big SQUARE!), over sized t-shirt! hair not brushed!!!!! ugh! I just try not to look when she comes home from school some days to see what it is she's come up with to wear!
Well, this post didn't stay on topic, I don't think I added the link to our home page, I'll have to do that! it was the whole reason I got back on and did another post tonight! I should be sleeping, it is nearly midnight and I have to get up in 6 hours! YUCKY!!!!!!!
Bill hasn't updated our web page in about a year, but you know (those bloggers that live nearby, and I only have one blogger friend who isn't nearby currently - since I'm still new to this and don't even know if many of my friends have blogs or not), what my kids and family look like currently, but do you remember my kids being that small? that is if you even knew us at all that far back! They grow up so fast! ENJOY THIS TIME WITH YOUR BABIES, AND KIDS!
http://www.west-point.org/users/usma1989/46946/index.htm
good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment