Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!!!! (and yesterday's work)










Saturday: We had a long day of working on the room again. and then before I sent the kids for baths and bed, We died eggs... It was probably the most crazy time I've had over the years with dying eggs! The two big girls were out at Movie night (the last night of Spring Break), with a bunch of friends from church, so I had a little less help and CONTROL over the situation! Liam was grabbing eggs and literally THROWING them into the cups of Dye! Then he'd stir the eggs and dye in the cups like crazy, and if I wasn't right on top of him, he was drinking the dye from the spoon! Luckily it was yellow and not a dark color like Blue or Red, or Purple! Yikes! (I tried to keep the darker colors farther away from him at the other end of the table.)



Through the day we worked inside, I gave the walls a second coat of Blue paint, Bill painted the outside of Liam's wall, in the hallway the color of the hallway (we had to buy another gallon of that paint, since the paint we had left over from when we moved in 4 1/2 yrs ago... was dried up solid)! Amanda helped me paint all the trim and the door frames. Bill and his dad got the carpet pad down, Bill and I cut the rug, and then got that put in while his dad went to church.






Meanwhile, the kids played in the backyard, with Liam, (o.k., so I made them come home from the neighbors across the street, to help keep Liam occupied and OUT of the house - and out of the pans of Paint!!!) and they even had a little picnic lunch on the trampoline.




The guys hung the door in Liam's doorway, and got the trim all put in around the room. I did some touch up paint, and Wallah! we have a room! Now to decorate it! Actually I still need to fill nail holes and paint over that on the trim, but he is sleeping in his little bed in his room tonight. Yippeee!!!!! Of course he's asleep and I can't get a picture of his little bed in there until tomorrow...


You know you have teenagers in the house when your under two year old knows about camera phone's. Liam is holding my cell phone, and holding it up to 'take his picture'!!!
Here is Liam sitting in his room, with the door, on his nice carpet, playing with my cell phone.



********EASTER MORNING********
Here's Liam with his Easter bounty... can you say crack for kids? Man they were all wild today!!!

This is what it looks like when no one would open his candy for him! I really wanted Liam to eat SOMETHING for breakfast before he ate too much more candy! Finally he decided to eat some of Hannah's cereal.

Grandpa is going home in the morning. We will miss 'papa' as Liam has been calling him all week!

Bill has a trip this week to D.C. and New Jersey, so he and his dad are driving up together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The room looks FANTASTIC!!!!! I know you are so excited to finally have it (almost) done.